Peter Bengtsson wrote:
On 1/31/06, Jens Vagelpohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 31 Jan 2006, at 12:02, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
That's why I, like others in this thread, don't care about refresh.

Like I mentioned elsewhere, with my setup, restarting zope is gravely
inferior to zope-restart for product development.

I'm happy to share my setup to Open Source but it's quite "personal"
so I'd have to spend as much time explaining it as I have spent
writing it.
Hmm... perhaps a screencast?
I don't think there is any need for that. The situation is pretty
simple: You have an itch, but no one cares enough to scratch it for
you. The only sane way forward is for you to scratch the itch yourself.

But that's what I'm doing!
Thanks to Dieter I've got som genuine technical help on what it might
be instead of just people saying "that's not how I do it, give up"

And I don't understand how Zope product refresh doesn't have a higher
attention priority when it's so useful.

Refresh works well in limited situations, but it *cannot work* if you have global registries or many interrelated modules.

As far as I know, it's the
only way to make changes to a zope2 product without having to restart
the server causing downtime and lost sessions.

Then use ZEO. And on a development server you can have the sessions in a shared ZEO filestorage.

+33 1 40 33 71 59   [EMAIL PROTECTED]