Well I said it was over and out but I have to respond to this latest post. I appreciate the help here and will be trying out some of the suggestions. Basically though, Zope permissions and security could be made a lot more usable. It's far too technically focused and this is the opinion of a few others as well. The whole ZMI interface could be put through a usability re-design to be honest and that's not even to comtemplate the security areas.

I have a few clients, who I have built sites for using Plone and on showing them the ZMI they have re-coiled in absolute horror. Now obviously Plone is trying to bring more and more features within its own interface, which is good as it's more usable. However many things still remain. Most of my clients are able to use the Plone editing tools and interfaces but can't at all get their heads round the ZMI. I would guess that changing interfaces doesn't help but there you go.

Glad you feel entertained Norbert. I have been as well and at the same time have made quite a bit of progress. Cheers.

On 2/9/06, Norbert Marrale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Chris Withers wrote:
> michael nt milne wrote:
>> Over and out on this one from me
>
> You promise? ;-)
>
> Chris

I think Tino made the key suggestion earlier on: log out of the ZMI,
close your browser, restart it, clear the cache, clear any saved
passwords, try to view the page in question and - if your settings are
correct - get prompted to log by whichever authentication mechanism you
chose to implement. If you cancel out and are able to view the page, you
made a configuration mistake somewhere. Find it, fix it - and try again.

This has become one of the more hilarious threads I've read in a long
time. I suggest submitting Michael's name to alt.usenet.kooks for
consideration as KotM.

Norbert

Michael