Ola,
thx maciej and Jonathan...your answers have helped a lot

Each zope instance can access multiple ZODB's (as Maciej mentions later), which means that the zope instance can access both a shared zodb and a local zodb which is specific to the zope instance.

auaua...i didn't know that ;)...this is really cool. Now the inevitable question - 'Is there any documentation about how to set this up ?' Maybe I just define another <zodb_db> in my zope.conf and mount it into a folder like maciej said and just customize this folder. What i need to do is just create a custom skin on each zope instance to show that it is Manaus,Belem or wherever serving the information but have the same global content shown in each instance. From what you have said it seems this should be possible with a bit of tweaking

Zope is very flexible! You just need to build a configuration which meets your use case!

welcome to OSS, eh !

[]'s

--
Ian Lawrence
http://ianlawrence.info

Centre for Bioinformatics
INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE PESQUISAS DA AMAZÔNIA-INPA
RUA ANDRÉ ARAÚJO N º .2936 , BAIRRO DO ALEIXO
MANAUS-AMAZONAS-BRAZIL
Research Program in Biodiversity
http://ppbio.inpa.gov.br
PHONE: 055-92-3643-3358
CEP. 69011 -970

| Please do not send me documents in a closed
| format.(*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.html,*.txt)

>>> return [type for type in types if type not in types_to_exclude]
If you can see the beauty, then Python got you