I don't think the issue is technical, or GUI/UI related. There may be stuff to discuss there, but that
wasn't by point.

One of the reasons zope.org may be hard to fix is that (a) zope.org is a big complicated site that needs a real commitment, (b) few people can directly work on it, (c) cleaning it up will be painful and probably involve
controversial decisions including removal of useful legacy data.

(As an aside, Dieter M suggested I move this discussion to zope-dev which I am doing. He is an inestimable assert to the community and anybody who uses Zope owes him a huge debt.)