On Jan 7, 2008 8:06 AM, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --On 7. Januar 2008 08:00:27 -0600 David Chelimsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to show different things to different viewers based on their IP
> > addresses. How can I do this?
> Basically you look at the clients ip address (from the REQUEST object)
> and perform any action you need (redirections, conditions within scripts,
> templates)...but no idea what the sense of this usecase is. If you have
> different audiences, setup sites with different content or something
> similar. In addition: using Zope behind proxy will lead in request coming
> from the IP address of your reverse proxy. Additional
> configuration/programming is necessary to get hold of the original IP.

Thanks for the reply.

The use case is that my client wants to block a range of IP addresses
from being able to view their site. So I need to access the
originating IP address and filter appropriately.

I've written a few custom zope products before, but I've not done
anything that really modifies zope's behaviour on every request - just
on requests for the specific objects I'm publishing. So I'm familiar
with the request object, but I don't know how to intercept *every*
request. Are there any global request life-cycle hooks? If you can
point me to those that would be a great help.