--On 7. Januar 2008 08:35:50 -0600 David Chelimsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jan 7, 2008 8:23 AM, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--On 7. Januar 2008 08:18:14 -0600 David Chelimsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Jan 7, 2008 8:06 AM, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> --On 7. Januar 2008 08:00:27 -0600 David Chelimsky
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I want to show different things to different viewers based on their
>> > IP addresses. How can I do this?
>> Basically you look at the clients ip address (from the REQUEST object)
>> and perform any action you need (redirections, conditions within
>> scripts, templates)...but no idea what the sense of this usecase is.
>> If you have different audiences, setup sites with different content
>> or something similar. In addition: using Zope behind proxy will lead
>> in request coming from the IP address of your reverse proxy.
>> Additional
>> configuration/programming is necessary to get hold of the original IP.
> Thanks for the reply.
> The use case is that my client wants to block a range of IP addresses
> from being able to view their site.

You have a firewall for this purpose or you use apache rewrite rules for
performing URL rewriting.

Our host uses nginx, not apache. We can still do this w/ nginx
configuration, but it means maintaining a configuration file rather
than application code (which in my experience is more

This issue is a configuration and not an application issue. So it basically
does not belong into Zope.