--On 7. Januar 2008 08:18:14 -0600 David Chelimsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jan 7, 2008 8:06 AM, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--On 7. Januar 2008 08:00:27 -0600 David Chelimsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
> I want to show different things to different viewers based on their IP
> addresses. How can I do this?

Basically you look at the clients ip address (from the REQUEST object)
and perform any action you need (redirections, conditions within scripts,
templates)...but no idea what the sense of this usecase is. If you have
different audiences, setup sites with different content or something
similar. In addition: using Zope behind proxy will lead in request coming
from the IP address of your reverse proxy. Additional
configuration/programming is necessary to get hold of the original IP.

Thanks for the reply.

The use case is that my client wants to block a range of IP addresses
from being able to view their site.

You have a firewall for this purpose or you use apache rewrite rules for performing URL rewriting.