--On 16. Januar 2008 09:33:58 +0100 Tino Wildenhain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tim Nash wrote:
Jurian,
  While the ZMI is a bit geeky for the average user, it works quite
well inside an iframe.
iframes are used by many ajax/web2 (whatever you want to call it)
libraries. So in my application (for example) I currently make ajax
calls to load specific zmi pages inside tabs of a window layout.

IFRames. You should avoid those. With ajax or similar its easy to skip
such stuff and just replace any named container tag.

Iframes are still a valid choice in case asynchronous won't work e.g. when you need to load resources from servers != your origin server. Due the security model of asynchronous requests, a browser will only load stuff from the origin server. Iframes are a way to work around this limitation - ugly as you said, but sometimes a good workaround.

Ansdeas