Hi Tim,

Tim Nash wrote:
The other important difference between ajax loaded pages and iframes
is that when you click on a link within an iframe page, the returned
page is loaded into the same iframe.
If I am not being clear, please check out this png file.
http://medicinebrain.com/iframe.png
</a>
In this png I did a search for DML Docs within a tab panel and the
search results are loaded into the same tab.

BTW, I would like to simplify the zmi even more for my users. I want
to hide various tabs (eg. security, find, etc) and I want to restrict
the number of products they are shown in the drop down box for adding
to a folder.
However, I still want to offer complete zmi functionality to the
overall administrator.
I can probably hide the security tabs using css (the overall admin
won't load the css sheet) but how can I control the products displayed
to a user in the folder view of the zmi?

You can either sub-class if you want to explicitely specify the products
you want an objectmanagerish class to add - this would also nicely solve
all your ZMI "problems" since you could just skin your new pages as you
want. Or for the easy way have a look at the Security Tab, specifically
at the "Add FooBar..." stuff there.

Regards
Tino