On May 23, 2008, at 11:49 , Jon Emmons wrote:
Another thought I had, is that Zope has only one python interpreter running, pretty much forcing all processing to be serial by default given what you've
just said.

Sorry, that's all baloney. Just like blindly hiking the number of threads or the ZODB database connection pool size. Zope can handle more than one concurrent request.

I would take a close look at the Zope database adapter for your relational database you are using. Some are not thread-enabled and will serialize database access.