--On 23. Mai 2008 12:31:50 -0500 Jens Vagelpohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On May 23, 2008, at 11:49 , Jon Emmons wrote:
Another thought I had, is that Zope has only one python interpreter
running,
pretty much forcing all processing to be serial by default given
what you've
just said.

Sorry, that's all baloney. Just like blindly hiking the number of threads
or the ZODB database connection pool size. Zope can handle more than one
concurrent request.

I would take a close look at the Zope database adapter for your
relational database you are using. Some are not thread-enabled and will
serialize database access.

Not much to be added. Either your backend server blocks further requests
(as indicated earlier by a database lock) or some extension module is holding the GIL. We have seen situation where Python did not perform a thread switch while working on a complex regular expression operation in one thread (preventing a thread switch over ten seconds and longer).

Andreas