Fred Drake schrieb:
Thomas Lotze reported that using the TAL interpreter from Zope 3 with
strictinsert=True (the default when using it directly) fails
miserably.  It's entirely possible that this has been a problem for
some time due to the nature of the failure.

When strictinsert is true, the TAL interpreter attempts to parse the
text in structure insertions (tal:content="structure ..." and
tal:replace="structure ...") and further interpret any markup found
there.  Some time ago we determined that this behavior didn't make any
sense, but the code didn't need to change because the application
could just pass strictinsert=False.

Just for my understanding: would it be possible to dynamically create macros with strictinsert=True?:

  tal:repeat="name python: ('foo', 'bar', 'baz')"
  tal:replace="structure string:&lt;div metal:define-macro='$name'/&gt;"
  />

*shudder*

Tonico