If there is disk activity, it looks like the machine is booting properly but
the monitor isn't workig for some reason. What kind of monitor are you using?
Does the monitor work with other Macs? Is it an VGA monitor connected through
an DB-15 to VGA adapter? If so, are the adapter's switches correctly
configured? I'd try to set them to 640x480 and see what happen.

Greetings,

Antonio Rodríguez (Grijan)
<ftp://grijan.cjb.net:21000/>

Richard Schall ha escrito:

> Here's the situation. I have a 6116 and a 6115 performa's and both are
> acting the same way. Upon start up I hear the chime and then here the
> computer accessing the hard drive then nothing no happy face no sad face
> nothing. I have repalced the pram battery but no difference. There was no
> information in "Sad Macs Bombs and other Disasters". I have replace these
> with a beige G3 but before I start parting these machines out just want to
> make sure that there isn't an easy fix. Has anyone else experienced this
> type of problem? Are they really dead?
>
> thanks for your help
>
> Richard

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal