> As far as the trickle voltage you refer to, to the best of my knowledge, that
> serves to allow the computer to respond to the keyboard power switch, and
> doesn't have anything to do with the pram.
>
> Kevin

In my personal experience machines that don't have keyboard startup & don't
have a pass-through connector for a monitor or whatever tend (like the LC
series) to have short battery life, whether left plugged in or out.

These machines also tend to be the ones that won't start up when the battery
is dead, but will when you turn the switch off & on again immediately. (This
trick also works with the 6100, even though it has a pass-through & start
from the power key.)

The presence of any of these power features would seem to comport with the
idea that there's a trickle current going on in there. They seem to keep the
battery fresh longer, & I make a point of keeping them plugged in, when not
in use for a while, just to keep the battery up.

This is also what I have read some postings say, on other lists as well.
Folklore? Maybe.
--

Bill

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal