--- Ken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My Reply follows quote. On 21/12/2004 09:20
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>

> >--- Ken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> My Reply follows quote. On 20/12/2004 07:17

> anyone

> >> --------
> >> Seems like a "classic" symptom of a dead PRAM
> >> battery. Sometimes youcan "test" this by letting
> >> it boot then quickly switching the power
> >> off then back on.
> >>
> >> Ken
> >
> >Then what? I have a 7100/80 that might be doing the
> >same thing!
> -----------
> If you "test" as suggested, and get a good boot,
> then
> the PRAM battery is dead (or accidentally installed
> backwards--easy to do). New battery (or reversed in
> bracket) and you should be good to go.
>
> Ken

I was going to say; "Seems to me I changed that
battery when I got the computer out of the office."
But it just dawned on me that might have been about
three years ago!

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal