arlene, 'wag ka maniwala kay arvin ..kathang isip nya lang yun....hehehe

"tribalknowledge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: 4c-math94@yahoogroups.com

14/07/2005 04:15 AM
Please respond to 4c-math94

        To:        4c-math94@yahoogroups.com
        cc:
        Subject:        [4c-math94] Re: Sana tama sila... at mali ako

Daniel, Arvin, I'm just curious, saang lugar yang mga pinuntahan
ninyo?

--- In 4c-math94@yahoogroups.com, "killyrbf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> poor teaching methods??? nah, daniel, just joking.
>
> these type of work isn't a yearly thing. "you got to keep up the
pressure", sabi nga sa basketball. "48 minutes of hell".

> ...one time we went to a baranggay. we were to talk about starting
home-based business. the chairman was asked to gather "listeners".
within a few minutes the lecture areas was packed with people,
housewives, teeners, kids. before the talk started a few quetions
were asked. among them:

> will we be providing snacks?
> will we be providing capital for the business?
>
> answers go like these:
>
> we had funds for the snack but not for business capital.
>
> within seconds, the lecture area was cleared. were we supposed to
(masochist, we are.) a couple of young wives showed up with their
kids. they asked if they could have the snacks early as their
children haven't eaten yet. snacks were given and we talked about how
to get a home-based business going.. where to get capital, how to
market, etc.

> the 3rd day, the same 2 ladies and their children showed up. they
had 3 older ladies with them. all 3 had children with them as well.
of course, snack were served before the lecture.

> last i heard, these 5 ladies have steady income. a daycare. a sari-
sari store. a carinderia.

> i have a couple more stories similar to this one, but i know you
already get it. ;)

> Got Milk? ( . )( . )
>

> --- In 4c-math94@yahoogroups.com, jun ramos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Pa-share din...
> >
> > I was into volunteer works for around four years... sometimes we
go to a small town and clean the area... the following year, we go
back again... frustrating because they depended on voluteers... so I
said maybe eductaion is the real answer... so we did focus on
educating the people through lectures... still frustrating because
what happened seemed to be just presentation of facts, it seemed they
did not learn... I kept wondering what we could do for them... we set
an example they rely on us; we teach, they don't act... maybe after
those two, it's just good to pray for them... that's why now I
appreciate the contemplatives.. they dedicate their life to prayer
constantly praying that someday people will change...

> > In the meantime, I think we should mind our business more... I
read from a book by Andrew Matthews which says, "the best thing we
can do for the poor is to be not one of them"... maybe, if we work
hard, pay our taxes, make the company we work for productive, our
company will prosper... our kids will see our example and from there,
a new breed of population will come... let's be honest in our
dealings, let's not waste office hours, and let's educate our kids
who will run our country in the future...

> > Let's pray constantly, too... join rallies? Hopefully our
attendance in rallies would be minimal... let's start with
ourselves , and like Bob, educate the people around us... we can only
do so much, let's do all that we can...

> > Need to cut my part short... got to go again... God bless you
all!

> > :-)
> >
> > tribalknowledge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > "Do not ridicule them but educate them." - agree with you 100%!
Pero
> > anong institution nga ba ang dapat gumawa nito?  Eskuwelahan?  Eh
> > wala ngang perang pang-aral.  Simbahan?  Majority sa atin
kristiyano
> > pero bakit questionable ang attitude/behaviour/ethics ng
nakararami?
> > Pamilya?  Eh watak-watak nga paano pa makaka-provide ng proper
> > guidance si nanay/tatay?  How frustrating :(
> >
> > --- In 4c-math94@yahoogroups.com, bobby villanueva
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Thanks arvin.  Lets all hope we come out stronger and wiser in
the
> > coming months.
> > >

> > > killyrbf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > <<< Give them a better choice and make them think twice.  Do not
> > > ridicule them but educate them.
> > >
> > > We can just hope that in time we Filipinos would not be just
> > educated
> > > in our minds but also in our hearts.
> > > >>>

> > > ^ Real talk right there. Hats off to you, Bob. I have your back
on
> > > this one.
> > >

> > > Got Milk? ( . )( . )
> > >

> > > --- In 4c-math94@yahoogroups.com, bobby villanueva
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > wealthy?  I'm not saying that that isn't the case now.  I also
> > > believe that some of the wealthy would foremost just look for
the
> > > good of their own selfish interests.

> > > some of those educated support Erap and not for their own
selfish
> > > interests.  No, these people are college graduates and are in
> > > management positions of their companies.  They just sincerely
> > believe
> > > that Erap would turn things around and is the only one that
shows
> > > concern for the poor.

> > > that in their eyes that is what they see.  That is what they
> > believe.

> > people
> > > would turn to those they believe in even that larger-than-life
heavy
> > > drinking screen idol with a multitude of mistresses.

> > > ridicule them but educate them.

> > > educated in our minds but also in our hearts.

> > > pls don't forward with my name… those chain letters have a
> > > way of creating a life of their own…

> > > you paid… parang company your vote is equal to your number of
> > > shares… mas marami kang bayad na tax mas malaki dapat influence
> > > mo…

> > > that people in the provinces are less educated, it's actually
the
> > > urban poor yung mga "ignorant" at nagpapagamit… and FYI
> > > the electoral college system in the US was designed to protect
the
> > > smaller states hence the smaller states have disproportionately
> > > larger percentage of electoral votes vs their population - i.e.
they
> > > will always have 3 (or was it 2) votes no matter how small their
> > > population is…

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > On Behalf Of spurs

> > > become
> > ng

> > that
votes
> > are
> > majority..
> > > >

> > > Ask our other classmates to subscribe, tell them to send an
email
> > to:
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >
> > >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> > Service.
> > >

> > > ---------------------------------
> > >

> > > ---------------------------------
> > > Discover Yahoo!
> > >  Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online & more. Check it
out!

> > Ask our other classmates to subscribe, tell them to send an email
to:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo! Groups Links