Phil Taylor wrote:
| Acrobat Reader doesn't understand music, and (for example) doesn't know
| that staff lines MUST be equally spaced.  If (as usually happens) the
| spacing of the staff lines doesn't fit the pixel spacing it tries to
| make up for this by antialiasing them, so they come out fuzzy and different
| thicknesses.  All of which is irrelevant if you print on a high resolution
| printer, but it looks bad on screen.

This is a problem with boh  Acrobat  (acroread)  and  Ghostview,  and
probably  with  any  other  PS  or PDF viewer.  It took me a while to
discover why music looked so awful with ghostview.  Finally  I  tried
turning  off the antialiasing (though I didn't really have much of an
idea what that did), and then the music looked really nice.  It  does
have  a  problem  on a small screen or small window, with staff lines
not quite evenly spaced.  But this is better than  what  antialiasing
does to the staffs.