On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 09:24:36AM +0100, Laurie (ukonline) wrote:
> >From: "Buddha Buck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > How would [d6]2[z2B2G2][z2B2G2] work for "first listed note = melody
> note"?
>
> First of all, with any reasonably complex language it's always possible to
> write things that are syntactically OK but which are pure colourless green
> nonsense.  So just because you can write it doesn't mean it makes any sense.
>
> In this case it sort of does and (to me) looks obvious.  The melody is [d6]2
> x2 x2 which will sound exactly like just d6.

That was sort of my idea.  Most of the other posting I've seen along
these line would have written [d6]2[B2G2][B2G2] instead.  Based on the
"first note medody" idea that's been bandied around, that would imply
that the melody was [d6]2B2B2, which would sound like:

V:1
d6
V:2
z2B2B2

which is rather too polyphoneous as a melody for my tastes.

--
Buddha Buck                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I will not die an ironic death" -- Scott Ian, lead singer for
the metal band Anthrax, after bioterrorist attacks using anthrax.