In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, I. Oppenheim
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Bernard Hill wrote:
>
>> Agreed. But the sign must be © or the word "copyright". The documents
>> say that (C) is not sufficient.
>
>According to the international copyright conventions,
>the word "copyright" followed by a name, followed by a
>year, is enough. The copyright sign "©" is not required
>and the ASCII variant "(C)" has no legal status at all.

I understand that some countries only allow the © and the word is not
allowed. Which is why you so often see

"Copyright © B Hill, 2003" or whatever.

Remember there are no International Copyright Conventions. Some
countries don't have *any* copyright regulations.

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Author of Music Publisher system
Music Software written by musicians for musicians
http://www.braeburn.co.uk
Selkirk, Scotland