In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, I. Oppenheim
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Bernard Hill wrote:
>
>> (a) I presume the list is not exhaustive. ie É (Capital E acute) and the
>
>The table only gives a number of examples for each
>class of supported accents.
>
>> (b) I think we need a copyright symbol. \C or \OC.
>
>The second revision of the 2.0 draft (soon to be
>released) will solve this issue. Briefly, there will be
>defined a field called "%%abc-copyright", in which any
>occurrence of the string "(C)" is to be replaced by the
>copyright symbol:
>
>%%abc-copyright (C) Copyright John Smith 2003
>
>> Maybe also R-in-a- circle although I don't know what
>> it means.
>
>It means that you registered a trademark with the
>government trademarks bureau.
>
>> (c) Why is £ \243? While I can of course implement it, it makes no
>> sense. Ascii £ is 156.
>
>Watch out: 156 is decimal, while the number behind the
>backslash should be the "octal code of the character",
>which is 234 (and _not_ 243, which was a typo!)

Octal! I've not used that for 30 years, I would never have considered it
in a PC environment.

... but maybe 243 was not a typo: it's the Latin-1 coding (decimal 163)
for £.

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Author of Music Publisher system
Music Software written by musicians for musicians
http://www.braeburn.co.uk
Selkirk, Scotland