On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Bernard Hill wrote:

> Remember there are no International Copyright Conventions. Some
> countries don't have *any* copyright regulations.

The basis of international copyright law as we know it
today is the Berne Convention from 1886, to which the
US finally signed... in 1988!  There were earlier
copyright agreements, but Berne is really the watershed
in Europe.

The United Nations has an department that deals solely
with international copyright legislation: the WIPO, or
World Intellectual Property Organization. See
www.wipo.org

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]