On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 11:19:44AM +0200, I. Oppenheim wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Bernard Hill wrote:
>
> > >Is "K:D exp _b _e ^f" different from "K:D _b _e ^f" ?
> > >Where does this come from, has it been mentioned before ?
> >
> > As I have always understood the standard, the accidentals following it
> > *modify* the key sig. So
> >
> > K:D _b _e ^f  actuall leaves also a c^. The point of the exp is to
> > *override* the normal key sig of D.
>
> You have fully understood it. I think that the problems
> of possible ambiguity in key signature notation are now
> solved.

To me, the existing jcabc2ps understanding of it [1] seems much
more elegant and I can't see any reason to require this change,
but I suppose that's between you and the people who write the code.

[1] The given example actually produces 1 sharp and 2 flats, ie is
equivalent to "D exp". If you want the "D" to mean  "the normal key
sig of D" you can get it by saying, explicitly, "K:Dmaj _b_e^f", which
will get the c#

--
Richard Robinson