Hi Brian,

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Brian Raven <bra...@nyx.com> wrote:

> A quick look at the failed build logs found there suggest that mysql may not
> have been installed on the build box.
>
>     Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
> 83.
>
> Perhaps somebody at Activestate could check that.
>
> Alternatively, if you have mysql installed you could try downloading the
> module from CPAN and building it yourself. The CPAN Testers Matrix
> (http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=DBD-mysql+4.022) shows successful builds
> for OS X (Darwin).

I understand there is no DBD-mysql package because there simply is no
MySQL install on the package builder. But the benefit for me of using
a binary distribution such as ActivePerl is the fact that I do not
need to bother about compiling these modules myself. I had some issues
when I wanted to compile DBD::mysql on the system perl which is why I
wanted to use ActivePerl in the first place.

And yes, it would be very helpful for other ActivePerl users if
someone at ActiveState would make sure there is a DBD-mysql package
available on OS X.

--
Mike