On Thu, 04 Oct 2012, Michiel Beijen wrote:
> And yes, it would be very helpful for other ActivePerl users if
> someone at ActiveState would make sure there is a DBD-mysql package
> available on OS X.

I needed this myself before too, but the problem is that ActivePerl is
a "fat" binary (contains executable code for both the 32-bit and 64-bit
version in the same files).  That means any modules must be built the
same way, and there is no corresponding MySQL library in the same format.

Maybe we should try to build a module manually just for 64-bit mode, but
it will still require some manual effort to get this into the PPM setup.

> I have not added any repositories. I just installed ActivePerl, ran
> 'ppm' and it crashed. See link below for the crash report. Also, on
> the command line, it worked; so it is not a firewall issue at all.

Thanks for the report!  I was about to say that it works fine on my
machine, but then I noticed that I was still running a pre-release
build.  I can reproduce the crash with the release build; it seems like
it contains an updated tkkit.dylib that is not working correctly.
Will file a bug for it.

Cheers,
-Jan