Hi Jan,

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Jan Dubois <j...@activestate.com> wrote:

>  I needed this myself before too, but the problem is that ActivePerl is
> a "fat" binary (contains executable code for both the 32-bit and 64-bit
> version in the same files).  That means any modules must be built the
> same way, and there is no corresponding MySQL library in the same format.
>
> Maybe we should try to build a module manually just for 64-bit mode, but
> it will still require some manual effort to get this into the PPM setup.

Of course I can not make decisions for ActiveState, but would it not make
sense to build 64-bit only versions? OS X has been 64-bit only since Lion,
which is about a year and a half now. I have no clue, but it *might* be
easier to build 64-bit only than to try to fix the current 'fat' binaries
to use 64-bit only builds in some cases.
--
Mike