While the stories on the site are great, almost none of them make any mention of the financial success of the project. They are very useful in showing other developers what mod_perl has to offer, but are difficult to use in convincing someone who only cares about "revenue generation." If there is a way to go back and get the numbers on the total dollar value of the orders run through the EToys system, it would probably be a good bit of information to include. I only mention the EToys article because I think most people would point to it as "the" example that they would want to use in a conversation with management on why mod_perl should be used.

I think that a lot of the time these stories are written by the programmers, who are much more interested in proving that the programming environment is superior (it is) than showing the financial gains made by switching over. Perhaps a blurb reminding the author to include as much information on the money made/saved by their organization could be added to the bottom of the success story page where the instructions for posting are.

Marc Slagle
Online-Rewards
2900 Jefferson Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45219