On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 11:35 -0500, Marc Slagle wrote:
> If there is a way to go back and get the numbers on the
> total dollar value of the orders run through the EToys system, it would
> probably be a good bit of information to include.

Why would this be relevant?  To show that people trusted real money to a
mod_perl system?

> Perhaps a blurb reminding the author to
> include as much information on the money made/saved by their
> organization could be added to the bottom of the success story page
> where the instructions for posting are.

The thing is, eToys didn't "switch" from anything, so how could you
reasonably say how much money was saved?  Companies like IBM will be
glad to take as much money as you will give them, so you could say we
saved 300 million dollars, but it wouldn't mean much.

I think what you're looking for is what Craig McLane (of
Ticketmaster.com) does in his talks at conferences, where he discusses
how much they save by using open source.  Check this one out:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7242

- Perrin