On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 11:53 -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> Oh, then this was slightly before you?  There was a study comparing
> mod_perl to three other technologies for the "rewrite" of the site,
> and was the reason mod_perl was chosen as the "new technology", not
> just because you had legacy CGI-Perl-to-Registry usage.

Oh, now I remember what you're talking about.  That was later, when we
were preparing to rewrite for the next Christmas.  We all wanted to use
mod_perl, but needed to make sure we weren't making a mistake, so we did
some basic benchmarks against Java servlets using Resin.  The result was
that mod_perl came out slightly faster.  I forget what else we tested;
there may have been a couple of other things.

- Perrin