On Thursday 17 May 2007 03:36:36 pm Matt Mahoney wrote:

> What if you had sufficient computing power.  Then how would you solve AGI?

This is actually the basis of my approach. I just assume the brain has on the
order of 1K times more processing power than I have to experiment with, so I
look for applications (e.g. Tommy) where I could arguably demonstrate the
basic mechanisms using 0.1% of the total horsepower.

Luckily, the brain is inefficient in this sense: like the body, you rarely use
all of it at full power (or for us sedentary Americans, you never use any of
it at full power, and you rarely use much of it :-).

So I expect to be doing 10Kx10K matrix mults where where other AI programs are
doing CARs and CDRs. What I expect to get from that is a major reduction in
brittleness.

Josh