--- "John G. Rose" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Time has to included maybe?

Now it is getting complicated.  I was thinking of Shane Legg's universal
intelligence, expressed in terms of the shortest program that could achieve
the same measure.  Of course this only makes sense in the context of Turing
machines, which are infinitely fast.

But it seems a lot of people prefer to measure intelligence in the subset of
environments that are relevant to people, which is a much harder thing to
define.

We already have measures of intelligence for our computers: memory, disk
space, clock speed, MIPS and MFLOPS on various benchmarks...