On 2006.09.30, John Buckman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Right restarting is not something I like to doing, because most of
> the time when I ctrl-c aolserver, it exists uncleanly with one of
> these errors:

FYI, Berkeley DB's Tcl binding isn't truly thread-safe:

    http://dossy.org/archives/000307.html

I'm not sure if this can be "fixed" by implementing a BDB nsdb driver
for AOLserver that uses the BDB C API or not.

What you can consider doing is using the new nsproxy module to use the
BDB Tcl binding from nstclsh in separate processes in a nsproxy pool.
Then, you're relying on BDB's "concurrency" (multi-process locking)
being implemented correctly.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/