[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This morning my server complained:
"unable to alloc 2169111 bytes"
How large was the nsd process when it crashed?

and thus exited. So, I'm thinking that malloc fragmentation may very well be the problem.

I read recently that the
connsperthread
parameter no longer works in aolserver.

I believe this parameter destroys a Tcl interpreter and recreates it, yes?.

This technique seems to me a much better way to deal with tcl memory fragmentation than experimenting with a different malloc (ie, it's parallel to the way Apache deals with memory bloat in mod_perl).

I'm trying (right now on the live server) to do a manual version of connsperthread, using ns_markfordelete and a per-interpreter counter, cleaning up an interpreter after 1000 uses. I'll be curious to see if that fixes the bloat problem.

-john

To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> with the body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.