John Buckman wrote:

Right restarting is not something I like to doing, because most of the time when I ctrl-c aolserver, it exists uncleanly with one of these errors:

Would it work any better/more reliably to have aolserver exit itself, by calling ns_shutdown and hopefully allowing any registered shutdown handlers to run and current requests to complete? Maybe even run the server under inittab or daemontools and set up a scheduled job that checks how much memory it is using and shutting down if it is over some threshold, so the server becomes a little more self-managing.

-J