Hi,

On Thursday 31 December 2009, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2009 schrieben Sie:
[...]
> Well, maybe I am the only one who first tries to start aqbanking4 (which
> creates an empty config) and then starts to investigate why it is not
> working. After I did this aqbanking-cli could not help anymore...
[...]

What do you mean by "start aqbanking4"?

Just starting an application linked against AqBanking4 doesn't create a
working aqbanking4-configuration.

The command "aqbanking-cli updateconf" is smarter than just to check whether
the folder exists... It also checks whether there are users setup inside the
aqbanking4 configuration. If there is none it tries to update from previous
versions. If there already are users in the AqBanking4 configuration the tool
does nothing.

However, I don't know whether your GnuCash version already tried to update the
configuration.

[...]
> You are probably right. I miss-interpreted
>
> AB_Banking_LoadSharedConfig
>
> as an AqBanking function, but it start with AB not AQ :-(.
[...]

It *is* an AqBanking function ("AB_" is the prefix for AqBanking functions),
and I guess the patch by Micha *does* work.

I only wanted to point out that AqBanking already provides simplified means to
access AqBanking's certificate cache but that GnuCash can't use them due to its
structure.

The patch you referred to makes GnuCash access the cert cache directly which
is also kind'a ok.
However, I guess it won't work with multiple AqBanking-applications working in
parallel (which is currently a rare case, granted).

If GnuCash could have used the class AB_Gui it wouldn't have to access the
cache itself but could rather benefit from the advanced certificate management
of AB_Gui).

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/