Hi Henrik

You have found the correct solution. It is just that the blast reports
coordinates from the start of the sequence and so they need joining up
before you do the blast. I am not sure why you get that memory error. If you
have access to another machine you may want to try the blast there.
Alternatively you could possibly try a smaller number of contigs and then
use the EMBOSS application 'union' to join them back up.

Regards
Tim