Fabio, this doesn't answer your question directly and it's not Asterisk related
in any way, but it's another way to engineer a solution to the problem and I've
seen it done before.

Many analog modems will decode the caller ID on the analog line and provide it
as part of the 'RING' notification on their serial port. This can be used as
input on a script on a computer to log the caller ID and datestamp.

For the Asterisk solution you propose to be able to work, the analog line has
to support caller ID. If it does that then it will work with any of these
modems too.

It's a purely passive connection to the line (just bridge it over the pair) and
it may be cheaper/simpler/easier for you to build.

Food for thought?

Pete