Thanks Kim.
I think the problem is that I am using the freshrpms version of faad2
which strictly only has the libfaad binaries (plus documentation)
while libmp4ff is supported elsewhere (reportedly in extras?) but I
am not sure where.

I believe that in general atrpms and freshrpms/dries/newrpms/etc are
trying to be compatible but here is clearly one missing area.

I could of course try to move more of my multimedia stuff over to
atrpms but would prefer not to do that until next time I rebuild my
system from scratch.

So 2 questions:
1. Barring converting over some/most/all of my multimedia stuff to
   atrpms, does anyone know where I could find an rpm with libmp4ff
   consistent with freshrpms?

2. Is there a way to resolve this incompatible packaging between
   atrpms and freshrpms going forward?

Thanks,
Jeff