On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 03:31:48PM -0400, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
> Thanks Kim.
> I think the problem is that I am using the freshrpms version of faad2
> which strictly only has the libfaad binaries (plus documentation)
> while libmp4ff is supported elsewhere (reportedly in extras?) but I
> am not sure where.

No, the problem is not (only) a rearangement of files within packages,
but also that some files are not being installed, because the
maintainer did not need them. But mythmusic needs them.

> I believe that in general atrpms and freshrpms/dries/newrpms/etc are
> trying to be compatible but here is clearly one missing area.
>
> I could of course try to move more of my multimedia stuff over to
> atrpms but would prefer not to do that until next time I rebuild my
> system from scratch.
>
> So 2 questions:
> 1. Barring converting over some/most/all of my multimedia stuff to
>    atrpms, does anyone know where I could find an rpm with libmp4ff
>    consistent with freshrpms?

faad2-2.5-7.fc7 from ATrpms will work with both ATrpms' bits and
freshrpms'.

> 2. Is there a way to resolve this incompatible packaging between
>    atrpms and freshrpms going forward?

Well, the maintainer that kicked away libmp4ff knows about the
mythmusic issue since years now (see the bug reports quoted).

Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net