I was running Mythbuntu 8.04 on my appleTV for a couple years and had
to upgrade when I upgraded my server to 10.04. I just assumed that
installing a fresh copy of Mythbuntu 10.04 would be the smart thing to
do. Maybe I should have researched a little more.

The install went fairly smoothly, it is up and running and
communicating with the server. Both HD and SD content plays well
except a blip every 5 seconds or so. I figured it had to do with the
gpu clocking. I can't seem to set the speed through the command line
or in a script, but it does work using the nvidia-settings GUI, but
even then the blips continue.

I have seen a lot of swapping, but I was hoping that was because I was
running other programs as well (terminal, nvidia-settings) and
normally I would only be running the front end.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to "slim" it down? Or should I
just jump to 9.04 or 9.10?

Thanks!