Geoff your argument explains precisely why we DO need a second rigging
inspection! Things do get forgotten or missed (especially by more
experienced pilots). I am more than happy to sign off on a duplicate
inspection having made damn sure that it is right, why? Not because the risk
of litigation but because I care about the safety of my fellow pilots and
myself.

It is absolutely clear that a second inspection will significantly  reduce
the risk of a mistake.

John Parncutt