At 06:46 PM 16/05/2011, you wrote:

Geoff your argument explains precisely why we DO need a second rigging inspection! Things do get forgotten or missed (especially by more experienced pilots). I am more than happy to sign off on a duplicate inspection having made damn sure that it is right, why? Not because the risk of litigation but because I care about the safety of my fellow pilots and myself.

It is absolutely clear that a second inspection will significantly reduce the risk of a mistake.

John Parncutt

So Geoff has run the experiment and because the results don't fit your pre/mis conceptions you dismiss the observational evidence.
You aren't a "climate scientist" by any chance are you?

Mike

Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments since 1978
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784

email:   mborg...@borgeltinstruments.com