Hi;

In this case, the fact that there was no resonable check for the bottom
pin engagement would be a sufficient defense in any litigation.

On Mon, 16 May 2011, John Parncutt wrote:

> Geoff your argument explains precisely why we DO need a second rigging
> inspection! Things do get forgotten or missed (especially by more
> experienced pilots). I am more than happy to sign off on a duplicate
> inspection having made damn sure that it is right, why? Not because the risk
> of litigation but because I care about the safety of my fellow pilots and
> myself.
>

> It is absolutely clear that a second inspection will significantly  reduce
> the risk of a mistake.
>

> John Parncutt

Peter F Bradshaw: http://www.exadios.com (public keys avaliable there).
Personal site: http://personal.exadios.com
"I love truth, and the way the government still uses it occasionally to
 keep us guessing." - Sam Kekovich.