On 10-Jan-07, at 4:52 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Now it's been mentioned before to use daemontools, so I can set
that up. Is daemontools the way to go? I am more used to an rc.foo
script.

I've seen qpsmtpd (which is very similar to AxKit2) be setup both ways. Probably preferable over daemontools is runit. See http:// wiki.qpsmtpd.org/deploy:runit for details.

We don't have a .rc file for AxKit2, but it should be easy enough to write one.

Given that there will be two other apps (at least), should I have one
Ax2 server or one for each app? I am leaning towards one for each
app because we have 4 cpus and I presume it would be better for
throughput.

I'd say multiple servers would be best then, yes.