Hi Matt,

>> How do you create, install, and load an XSP taglib, written as a
Perl
>> module?

> Generally the same way you do any other perl module. Start with:
>
>    h2xs -A -X -n Sporskiftet::XSP::Statistics

Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough: How do you install it in AxKit2?

I included the code for my sample module - a module like this is very
easy to load in Ax1, but it appears Ax2 won't accept it.

There should be no need to build and make the module as long as it's
pure Perl code. Furthermore, I'm quite sure I had it working once with
an earlier Ax2 version, but with the latest CVS it appears to be
broken.

Ax2 consistenly complains it cannot find it: Ordinarily, I have my
modules in a special directory ('/mnt/hgfs/...') that is created by
VMware and allows my to access it from outside the virtual machine. I've
included that path in PERL5INC, but it doesn't work with the current
CVS. I've then tried moving the module to the Ax2 directory structure,
it doesn't find it, and I've tried moving it to the ordinary Perl
structure ('/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8') - it still won't find it.

That makes me wonder if the code to load the taglib won't accept a
fullblown Perl module?

The trick with the VMware special directory works fine with ordinary
Ax2 modules - but not the taglib?

Regards,
Lars
--