On 10 Jan 2007 at 9:30, Also Sprach Matt Sergeant:

> I've used this in the past to check if I'm using epoll (though that's
> not the same as whether aio is supported):
>
> my $POLL = "with " . ($Danga::Socket::HaveEpoll ? "epoll()" :
>                      $Danga::Socket::HaveKQueue ? "kqueue()" : "poll
> ()");

I get poll(). I also get poll() on my 2.6.14 slackware laptop.
I do I get epoll or kqueue?
I have tested Danga::Socket (make test). On the RH it skips the
event tests. On the slack box it passes all tests.
I've just installed IO::AIO and Danga::Socket on the slack 2.6.14
kernel and both installed ok but I still get "with poll()" using the code
above.

More importantly, does it mean that ax2 will run like a pig on the RH
with poll() only?

> To check if AIO works I've just tried to install IO::AIO - if it
> fails then it's not available.

Doh!
You know, I think my brain goes to sleep every time I start a new
thread on this list!

John