Hi John,

> Have a look at hook_xmlresponse.
> That's where I do most of my processing.
> Call a method from there that opens the file and extracts the xml.
> Quite how you would pass xml to an xslt tho is beyond me.

Oh, I can show you that - the above is exactly what I'm doing
already... ;-)

My plugin presently does the following:

If you ask for a simple ODT file like 'index.odt', it will open it,
extract 'content.xml', and pass it on for further processing. 'Further
processing' means calling the XSLT engine to transform the document, and
the result is returned to the browser. This works.

If you ask for something like 'index.odt/Pictures/logo.jpg', it will
open the ODT, extract the image, and pass it on to the browser without
further processing. This works as well.

In both circumstances I have a caching system in place as well -
meaning that the files are extracted only once - until the ODT is
updated, of course.

But when I try to access an ODT from within an XSLT stylesheet, it
breaks:

With Ax1, the above solution was implemented as several modules. One of
these modules had the sole purpose of grapping an ODT file, extracting
the requested content, and pass it on. When I asked for an ODT from
within an XSLT stylesheet like

<xsl:apply-templates
select="document('/contact.odt')/office:document-content/office:body/office:text/*"/>

the request from the XSLT engine for the document was passed on to Ax1
which would again recognize the ODT file, pass it to my plugin, and let
me extract 'content.xml'. Works like a charm.

However, when I try to do the same with Ax2, it seems like the XSLT
engine is trying to fetch the ODT file directly from the file system; at
least the debug messages complains that the file starts with 'PK'
instead of '<'. 'PK' is the signature that starts all zip-files
(Remember PKZip?) which is a strong indication that the XSLT engine is
receiving the file in uncompressed, hence unprocessed, form.

How do I make the XSLT engine fetch it's files from Ax2 like it did in
Ax1?

Regards,
Lars
--