On Dunnersdag, 24. Mai 2007, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> I'd like to clean this up so that it's more "provider-like" as in
> AxKit1... But I'm just not sure exactly how yet. Perhaps via Moe's
> message-passing stuff he added in.

Huh? Did I hear my name? :-)

Message passing would work, but wouldn't a separate (nested?) run of
hook_xmlresponse more closely match the semantics of such a lookup? Maybe
even a subrequest-like building of a new client object?

Thinking about it, it might really be a good idea to define some standard
message for document retrieval, plus a subrequest API which can be used from
such a message handler if that much overhead is desired. That way, access
could also effectively be restricted to allowed/defined content, since no
generic lookup is done by default.

Multiple message handlers could coexist, since a return value of DECLINED
works as expected, and an .odt plugin could handle requests like

$client->send('get_xml','odt:Pictures/logo.jpg')

automatically rooted at the current file, and other plugins could handle other
pseudo-URLs, without conflict or the need for a central registry or anything.

--
CU
Joerg