Hi,

it took me a while to clean it and turn it into a more user friendly
version, but here it is: https://github.com/guille2306/backuppc_check_pool.

The script in the repo works by systematically comparing the full-file MD5
checksum of the cpool files to their filename, flagging any difference.
Check the README for a bit more of detail, use options, and
advantages/disadvantages with respect to the built-in check option. Feel
free to raise issues and contribute!

Best regards,
Guillermo