On Wed May 19 2010 JJ wrote:
> The bbdb-nokia-n900 still works with your BBDB, in so far as it makes
> calls and sends SMSes (haven't tried the SMS, but assume it does) it
> gets stuck at the end of the bbdb-nokia-n900-call function where it is
> written to automatically add the date, time, number called etc. info to
> the beginning of the BBDB contact's note field, I get arrayp errors
> etc. which I can't fix.
>
> Specifically, I thought within the function, changing the part:
>
>         (bbdb-record-putprop bbdb-record
>                              'contact
>                              (concat date " " start-time " - " end-time ":
> Phone call: " name  "\n"
>                                      (or (bbdb-record-getprop bbdb-record
> 'contact)))))
>
> to:
>
>         (bbdb-record-set-note bbdb-record
>                              'contact
>                              (concat date " " start-time " - " end-time ":
> Phone call: " name  "\n"
>                                      (or (bbdb-record-note bbdb-record
> 'contact)))))
>
> would do the trick, and similarly so for the SMS sending function, but I
> fail.

That's strange. bbdb-record-note returns the value of a particular
note. Similarly, bbdb-record-set-note should set it. So which part
in the above code fails? Have you tried to debug this code using the
emacs debugger? Put a (debug) statement above the above code. Then
you can execute it step by step to see where it fails / doesn't meet
your expectations.