Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:56:54 -0400
From: "Rich Dorffer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Roger Langille" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
   <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: Re: Creaking etc.

Roger,

I would suspect the steering column itself, I have heard of numerous people
reporting this on E36s.

(looking on the WWW for more info rather than recreating the "wheel")

Here you go:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum///showthread.php?t=245961

Regards,

Rich

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:58:52 -0400
From: "Stan Jackson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: Re: NASCAR "safety"   WAS [USGP F1 aka: Bridgestone Tire Test]

I'm baffled.  Absolutely baffled.  The same organization that could not
figure out how to keep a throttle from "sticking open" (as of just a couple
of years ago) actually called off a race for safety reasons 30 years ago??!

Stan

> I'm baffled.  Absolutely baffled.  The same organization that could not
> figure out how to keep a throttle from "sticking open" (as of just a couple
> of years ago) actually called off a race for safety reasons 30 years ago??!

read what I posted below again.  the _drivers_ wouldn't race, but the
sanctioning body got substitues to run (in different cars, dunno about
tires).

Ben